The girls have turned four...and I have started preschool, home school style.
They seem to be enjoying it. Me? I'll let ya' know.
Knowing that the I have the sole responsibility of teaching them to read and write is kind of stressful in my way of thinking. But, for now, we are just taking it day by day and having fun with it. Their little minds are like sponges trying to soak up everything I tell them. So much to teach them...its really overwhelming!
This week, we were learning about the sea: what day it was created, names of some of the sea animals.
I hold up a octopus.
Me: 'Ruth can you tell me what this animal is?'
Ruth: 'Its a hippo-ta-tamous.'
Me: *snicker, snicker, chuckle, snort* [behind the book I was holding of course]
-------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't her flower hat darling?
Any homeschooling tips? Feel free to comment with any advice! I am SO open for any ideas.
Okay, that is such a sup"ER" cute idea! Love it!;) Your always so creative, and yes, emma's hat is adorable, just like she is!
ReplyDeletelove, love, love these pics!!
ReplyDeletei just love the color effect..nice idea you have!
ReplyDeletei just discovered your blog via We Picture This. LOVED your photo there! and as for this post...homeschooling...i have two things i used to teach my kids to read that i loved for two totally different reasons. i taught my girls (17 months apart) to read at the same time and was only teaching them so i had time and energy to use Sing Spell Read and Write. very solid phonics based curriculum that is fun too. pretty pricey though. if you're doing 2 kids at once you can kind of justify the $. by the time i had to teach my son i had less time and energy so i needed a "get to the point/no frills" kind of curriculum. i used (i'm a bit embarrassed to say) Leap Frog's Letters and Sounds DVD to teach him his, well, letters and sounds in about 2 weeks. then i moved on to Phonics Pathways. so easy. and still effective. and super cheap.
ReplyDelete