March 3, 2009

The Snow Thing, again

Someone asked me if I did the snow thing again yesterday. You know, the thing where I search for warm clothes, gloves, hats, socks, boots, layering all those things on them for 20 minutes; then go outside for 10 minutes, maybe even less than 10 minutes. And the answer is yes, because as much of a pain as it all is. I just can't resist Ruth's pleas to go outside and make a snowman. (not to mention, snow makes wonderful lighting for pictures!) Since the snow graciously came on a Monday and Brad is off on Monday, he was able to participate in the snow thing.

Ruth, one happy camper
Naomi, one not so happy camper (she truly hates her fingers being cold)Surprise! There are not just kid pictures on here today!
Brad, my wonderful husband!



And, our snowlady. I know she kind of looks like a blob of snow just piled on top of snow, because thats what she is. (the snow wouldn't pack) But she does come complete with a cheez doodle mouth and eyes, a nose and necklace made of chocolate covered peanuts.
Emma did not join us in the freezing cold. She decided to stay in the toasty warm house and rock on her butterfly. (she actually took a nap during the snow thing, this is after the nap)






4 comments:

  1. Too funny...love the snowman! Our snow wouldn't pack either; so, James had me outside spraying it while he packed it...it took him over an hr. to finish.=) I love the little brown pieces of....=) Ya'll are sooo creative. I just took them outside again to get pictures by the snowman. We were only out there like 10 min. just like you said...I practically pulled my hair out trying to get them ready just to get pictures of them by the snowman.=) I can't wait to get together with you. We will have so much fun! And we can be the best buds we really didn't get to be in college.=) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could make a snowman either! I just made mounds for Brandon to run his tractor through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Emma's idea. :)
    I'm really looking forward to taking pictures this winter while we're on furlough, needless to say we don't get a lot of snow around here! :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm the same way with going outside in the snow. I usually can only last 10 minutes! Hah.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!